Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Runners' High Tuesday

Arrived early... another supposedly lazy day for me.
Chilled for an hour till Hiu arrive.
Around 6:45pm, Hiu, Vick and I went for a run.

Hiu turned out to be an awesome running motivator! I personally didn't wanna run today and thought of a short run... BUT, as we ran, it kept feeling better!

So from RLC into Lake Gardens, we ran anticlockwise towards the Carcosa gate, ran up Carcosa, down the road and climbed the fence back into Lake Gardens. Hiu then suggested going up Deer Park. On the peak of Deer Park, Hiu suggested going down towards the National Mosque. At the junction of the foothill diagonally in front of the mosque, he suggested we take the "Jalan Chenderasi" road which I never knew existed.

Yay, new route!! Excited, I ran along with his idea. Only to meet quite a sexy hill in front as we turned around the corner on Jalan Chenderasi! Feeling like a tourist, I found out that that's where the Methodist Girls' School's at! I've heard of that school, as well as famous Nasi Lemak stall nearby.. but never knew where it was! So, was definitely an eye-opener yet learning more and more about KL town as I huffed and puffed up the hill.
Thinking back, I still have no idea how the junction was linked to the National Mosque... But we were at the usual "U-turn" junction should we have taken our usual National Mosque route.

At that point I suggested going back into Lake Gardens, passing through the Amphitheater, and one round around the lake. As we strolled past into Lake Gardens, I had to open my big mouth, and suggested going halfway round the lake, climb the fence and go backwards up Carcosa. The guys agreed. It wasn't till I was whizzing and felt like passing out as I ran up that Carcosa hill that I could kick myself (if I had more energy) for opening my big mouth!

The stairs back into Lake Gardens was SO welcoming that it felt like the steps in RLC! haha
But we were pretty much there. One last slope. And we were on our way back to RLC.
Goodness, anymore slopes/hills I might as well be rolling down whichever way!
All that took us 55:05mins. Estimated distance: at least 10km - 11km.

The conversation about an Ab Workout Combo between Hiap Wei and I did happen.
But the workout just couldn't happen.

-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment