Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Awesome Tuesday!!

Everyone arrived at the gym before 6:15pm as planned! (well, maybe not planned for some but yeah!)
I got there around 6:10pm and Hiap Wei, Feizal, Yong Wei, Julian, Derrick (new guy), LiHui and Hew were already there! Mark arrived soon after with his wife, Fiona, and so did Jonathan.

What a team!
Eight of us started running at around 6:40pm. Fiona went her way, Hiap Wei, Yong Wei & Julian ran ahead,  while Feizal, Hew, Mark, Jon, Lih Hui and I ran together, well at first anyway. We ran clockwise around Lake Gardens, jumped the fence up Carcosa, and took the stairs back into Lake Gardens. So apparently, Julian left back to RLC, LiHui went back too (post knee surgery), Derrick got lost and took the wrong turn and went back to RLC, Hiap Wei, Feizal and Yong Wei sprinted pretty much the whole way; Hew, Mark and I kept our pace behind. Mark had the Galaxy note which kept track of the distance! So our route from the stairs, we ran past the starting point, up the Deer Park, past the Bird Park, passed the Muslim Museum, and National Mosque... that was when Mark and I lost everyone.

Being the delusional runner I am, I started talking to strangers, thinking they're Hew or someone familiar from RLC *LOL* it was getting pretty dark! I was recognizing people by their outfits! At one point I said hi to a Blue shirt guy, he nodded and smiled back... I yelled at his partner calling out: "HEW!!! This way!!!" only to receive weird looks from both! So good thing Mark was there to tell me: "That's not Hew lah!"      haha...fun times :\

So at the junction of the Bukit Aman Police Station, we made a left turn to the gate that led back into Lake Gardens. At that point, we ran 6km. Mark and I decided to run one more round around the Lake to make it as close to 10km as possible. Finally, arrived back in RLC.
Accomplishment: 9.6km in one hour.
We'll know better next time!

Back at the gym, Hiap Wei, Mark, Fiona and I did the Beach Ready Workout:
- Lunge + Single Arm Press (2 sets x 15 reps x 2 hands)
- Mountain Climbers (2 sets x 20 reps)
- Bench Lunge with 5kg Plate (2 sets x 15 reps x 2 legs)
- Squat with (both) Arm Raises (2 sets x 20 reps)
- Spider Push Ups on Bench (2 sets x 20 reps)
- Plank (2 sets x 1 minute)

Hiap Wei, Mark and I then proceeded taking turns with our Ab Workout Stations:
- Decline Ab Bench (2 sets x 50 reps)
- Seated Leg Tuck (2 sets x 50 reps)
- Leg Raises (2 sets x 50 reps)**need correction on my form**
- Cable Crunch@15 (2 sets x 20 reps)
- Abs Roll-Out (2 sets x 15 reps)

**Must practice pull ups!**

-End-

Plan for this week: Swim 6.5km tmr, Friday and Saturday. Rock-climbing with Hiap Wei on Friday!
Countdown: 10 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment