Thursday, April 5, 2012

O.M.G Thurday!!

Arrived at the gym around 6pm. Feizal was already there! So was Uncle Mike!
Lih Hui walked in soon after claiming that she's ditching us coz she found her running buddy - Intan! *LOL*
Jon arrived half an hour later and started doing his crosssfit workouts!
*amazing stuff!! hopefully I'll be able to find enough will power to do half of what he did someday!*

We all met downstairs at 6:45pm. Turned out to be quite a big group! 8 of us - K.S., his sister Anne, their cousin Karen, Karen's bf Warren, their friend Melinda, Jon, Feizal & I! It was a 9.5km run.
I'm ready to crash on my bed just recalling the run....

We started off anticlockwise around Lake Gardens, up the Carcosa, jumped over the fence back into Lake Gardens... *this is the part I'm confused about*.... Did 10 BURPEES at the fence with Feizal while waiting for the rest of the girls to arrive (I'm wondering WTH was I thinking succumbing to Feizal pressure!)  Then continued around the lake, past the deer park and the amphitheatre, passing Bird Park on our left, the Muslim Museum, down to the National Mosque. Ran further towards Dataran Merdeka, cutting across the field filled with tourists, passing Royal Selangor Club, towards Jalan Parliament.

At this point... I caught up with Jon & Feizal, and said to them, "you guys go ahead, I'm heading back". With a mere Feizal-Jon persuasion, "Come lah, 3 more km only..." I succumbed to peer pressure for the 2nd time this whole run! In less than 8km... which turned out to be a good thing or else I won't be doing anything crazy today!

So we continued uphill, past the train station on our right, after a misleading downhill (with a sign board that said "home" turn left! Well, Jalan Parliament), Anne told us to "turn right" which lead us to more uphills and the jungle was scattered with posh looking gated estates! Feizal & Jon ditched us and sped off ...the rest were pretty far behind. It got darker..just Anne & I pacing... with lack of street lights... thank God the monkeys went to bed.

We finally passed Tugu Negara (National Monument) and crossed the road, and ran back to RLC.
The run probably took us about 1:08 hours. Sure felt like a 15k run!
Feizal & Jon were just about leaving as I walked into the gym.

Did one last workout before bidding the gym goodbye (2 sets x 15 reps):
- Ab Roll-out
- Bench Push-ups

-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment