Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lazy Thursday

Super lazy day!
I blame it on the jam!! Ridiculous KL after work JAM!!! Took me a good 50mins to arrive to my supposedly 15min destination!! *gah* Spoil all mood to workout... almost, not all!

Arrived at the gym around 6:30pm. Feizal and Uncle Mike was there. The rain just stopped and it was misty.
We agreed to NOT run today (after running for the past 3 days). Just as Ann whatsapped saying that she won't be running either and that she's on her way to the gym, I replied that we (Feizal and I) will be doing one round of Spartacus. Suddenly, Aziz came and asked if we're running. We a split second change of plans, we were at the meeting point outside Garden Cafe...waiting for Ann! It was hilarious how things turned out...she bumped into Feizal on the way in, so they were waiting for her as I got to the meeting point, both amused especially right after we stated our recent plan! haha

We ran the same route as yesterday. Slight confusion midway but I didn't want to be sucked into temptation to run the longer route... So, we ran clockwise around the lake, Feiz and I climbed the fence up the Carcosa, while Aziz and Ann carried on around the lake. It was very misty in Lake Gardens...Felt unreal! Kinda like out of a fairytale garden... beautiful! From the Carcosa, we took the stairs down, back into Lake Gardens. Ran up the slope and back to RLC. Barely 5mins after arriving at the gym, Aziz came walking in! He must've sprinted the whole way as he did one round around the lake, up the Deer park, and back into RLC! 10mins later, Ann came back after 2 whole rounds around the lake! Dang...these people can run!
Feizal and I took 23 mins today. Slow and relaxing run :)

As mentioned, LAZY day. So no weights, no Spartacus, just back bends and an attempted headstand with Julian. The first headstand, uncounted for, was an epic fail. legs were flying all over, wrist on the verge of a sprain, got a headache, Julian's hand got kicked... Second attempt was much calmer and I managed to hold still without the wall for about 5 seconds before I started giggling.

Backbends. Surprisingly, addictive. I attempted 5. Bend over backwards, and come back up. Figured it has lots to do with quads. So that's the next focus. Squats. I also notice my shoulders are getting weaker.
Rear right deltoid still aches from those few pathetic swings of the squash racquet two days ago!

Swam 40 laps x 25m in 21mins. Either I counted less yesterday or I swam extra laps today. 3 mins diff!

-End-

Countdown: 10 days to Tri-Factor Series 2012 Swim Event in Singapore!!! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment