Saturday, May 26, 2012

Standard Charted Fun Run 2012 Saturday

A little drama before I begin. 
The rule was no collection of race pack on race day. I didn't manage to collect. 
No bib, no run. I didn't have a bib coz I didn't collect my race kit!
Jon, Adrian and I left for Putrajaya at 6:30am this morning, regardless and tried my luck on getting a bib.

Upon arriving, Adrian manage to find a helpful foreigner who is a staff on duty to help me find a bib. LOL.
The fun started when he gave me a Men's Open bib number! 
So after a few chase and seek, he found me to give me a Women's (little did I know!) International Open bib.

Oh well, I found out I was in the International category after I've finished the run and chatted with my fellow 5th placer who is a Filipino! 

Awesome route, pretty steep slopes, otherwise a smooth run. 
Zumba for warm up!
Flagged off at 8am for 8km runners. 
And the 5km at 8:15am.
It was a fun run. So expect to see some fun!



Scorching HOT sun and carbon monoxide were turn offs!!
...The fast ones... 
...And the fastest ones...

Standard Charted also had a "run with a blind" category!
And finally, the finish line!
The prize giving ceremony! - Best Costume-
My category - Women's International Open 8km
Overall, here's to conclude my awesome Saturday!! :)
-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment