Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Scorching Tuesday

Brutal weather this evening. I was late to the gym.
Missed the guys by 5mins.
Got to RLC around 6:45pm. Quick change of clothes and started making my way to Lake Gardens.

B.O.R.I.N.G and S.L.O.W not to mention H.O.T!

After all those days being pampered by fanatic runners running together, running alone in this heat was no fun!
Predicting a potential meeting point, I started off real slow, stretching along the way, clockwise around the lake. Passing the fence we normally climb over towards Carcosa, I continued around the lake. Not too long after, I heard my name from a variety of familiar voices!! :)
I was overjoyed and relieved!! There they were... Hiap Wei, Feizal, Hew, Ann, Julian, and Dom!!! :D
Hew recognized my "fishnet" shorts. LOL!
These people really make my evening runs so much more fun and tolerable even in this heat!!

We continued up the hill instead of running by the lake. Up and up till we reach half way point of the hill-stairs and continued up the stairs. I (and speaking behalf of most if not all) really enjoy this new found hill and stairs! At the top, we continued past the Muslim Museum and all the buildings, down slope, turned right, passing the National Mosque on our right. Continued that long dreadful stretch and finally reached the top which led us straight back into Lake Gardens. At this point, Dom left us and headed back to RLC. Passing the amphitheater on our right, we continued down the slope till we reach the Deer Park slope. Hiap Wei, Feizal and Hew sprinted to the top to win the "Hiap Wei Cup". Needless to say, Hiap Wei ended up winning the Hiap Wei cup. Julian, Ann and I arrived soon after. Recovery run back to RLC and picked it up a notch in the last 500m.

Back in the gym, Dom ordered his CharKueyTeow, Julian did an additional 15mins run on the treadmill, Hiap Wei's 15min squash match with Clifton, Ann's attempt on the stepper, and my 15mins of doing absolutely nothing (cooled completely down).. we did 2 sets of Abs Stations:
- Decline Rotating Crunch (50 reps)
- Seated Rotating Leg Tucks (50 reps)
- Incline Leg Raises (50 reps) **quite the killer!**
- Cable Crunch at 15kgs (20 reps)
- Ab Roll-Out (20 reps)

-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment